Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Free eBay book, from Eric's Tips

The Paradox

Here's a contradiction that you will need to learn to balance:
1) Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
2) Don't spread yourself too thin.

You need to balance those two efforts. Whenever I become too lopsided in one of those areas, my income starts to decline.

On the one hand, you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket. That's the whole concept of multiple streams of income. Those multiple streams are especially important on the internet because rapidly changing technology could cause one opportunity to disappear, and if that happens you need other streams to fall back on.

On the other hand, whenever I start spreading myself too thin, it hurts my business. It's just not possible to pursue EVERY opportunity that comes your way. It's better to do a few things very well, than to do many things half-arsed.

So here's what to do: choose ONE opportunity to start with. If it works well, then continue to develop it to the point of excellence and then start on another opportunity (a second stream of íncome). If the initial opportunity is a failure, then drop it and go on to a new one.

Don't waste your time on programs that don't work for you. What works for me might not work for you, and there are so many opportunities out there that there's no need for you to waste your time on the ones that aren't working for you.

I hope that this advice will put you into the right frame of mind as you read each new edition of Eric's Tips. And remember, I'm not perfect, but if you read my tips over the long term I believe you'll gain a valuable perspective on internet marketing, and you'll be alerted to hot new trends as I see them.

I've pretty well trained you to expect something free in every newsletter. That won't always be the case, but I don't want to disappoint you today, so here's another download (if you haven't already downloaded it):
Download My Ebay Ebook

Keep an eye out for the next edition of Eric's Tips...

Have a great day!

Eric Holmlund
Eric's Tips

No comments: